Monday, August 17, 2009

Elvis Memorial

My Way
Are You Lonesome Tonight
Love Me Tender



These song titles sure sound familiar do they? These songs were sung by the late King of Rock - Elvis Presley.



August 16th, 2009, marks the 32nd Anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. I couldn't be any more excited when there was a memorial concert held to honor the King held by the Malaysian Elvis Presley Fan Club.



Pictures are kinda crappy because I was located righttttttt at the back of the crowd.

I think I've found the Elvis of Malaysia.



His name is Alex MAO Wong. MAO Wong ( Cantonese ) is what we chinese people know Elvis as, his mesmerizing eyes got him that nickname.

Don't believe that he's good? Check this out



How often do you see a Malaysian sounding just like Elvis, you can wear the suit but it doesn't mean you can sing like the King. But trust me, this guy can really sing.

This is his webpage

He also released a Cantonese Album recently, I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak of what I can expect from the album when he performed during the concert.



I hope he doesn't stop singing, and really do hope that we Malaysians can support the local singers cause they're darn good, he definitely deserves more than just this.

No comments: