Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Succesful Camp

I managed to experience the first ever camp that was held in school ( I'm serious, no joke )

I volunteered to help out because I CAMP. Furthermore, the committee was kind enough to let me help out :)




The weather was burning, not to mention extremely humid too during the afternoon. What's worse is that we ourselves can't enjoy the chilly breeze of the air conditioner in the library because it's locked.










We had our Mini Explorace to start off with. Some games were really challenging especially the part where you have to make an paper plane fly into the bucket. There were different type of designs of the plane, some even used their hair bands to tie the tip of the plane.

Time went by very quick and before you know it it's evening time. During the Creativity session, participants were given a few pieces of cardboard and one roll of masking tape to build a ship.

While they were building, we facilitators were chilling in the library.




Wan Yee took my phone and well, basically you can what she did with it. I still have bunch of those kind of photos in my phone.






Group 7 and their boat, I sort of missed a lot of the presentations since I was taking my sweet time freshening up :X Big mistake.




While the participants were watching the horror film we were preparing for our next activity.

I'd say it was fantastic, everyone's reaction was so priceless when they were jumped . Everything ended at 3 but most fascilitators did not get any sleep.




Just lying down on the floor, looking at the pathetic Malaysian sky with one miserable star shining. Believe it or not, it's the first star I've seen in years.

Some slept for 20 minutes and suffered later on. You know how you feel when you wake up when you only had less than an hour of sleep? Like crap? Yeah, that's how we all felt.



Day 2

We woke everyone up at 6:30a.m and had everyone gathered up while Denise lightens up the mood.



Breakfast was really light and easy. Two sausages and an egg is enough to pull you throughout the camp :D



The name of the game was Pirate Treasure Hunt. We took out every one's 'ship' and all of the groups have to walk in them to reach the desired stations. So basically, at everyone station you're given a map to find the treasure.

It was so hilarious seeing them walk in that thing. Well try to imagine people walking when they can barely lift their foot from the ground :D


Team 6



Team 2


Team 8 does she want to punch me :(


We had games that were just made up one hour before the pirate themed activities started and it was a huge success.










They all worked so hard only to find out that the treasure was stolen...






Me, Hao Ran and De waiting for people to come over

After this camp, I realise that it is not easy to organize one, I've always had the impression that it would be easy, but it's not. If 2 days 1 night was quite a big job, I wouldn't want to imagine what a week of camp would be.

I can't say how happy I am to be part of it, I got to know more people, and find out things about my buddies that I've never known of, and most important of all, having fun.

I really hope there will be more opportunities to join these kind of activities. This will be another page in my high school memories <3

No comments: